My London Journal

My London Journal
View from Westminster Abbey

Monday 6 August 2007

Aug. 5:I can't believe it is time to go home again!!!

We had to catch the bus to airport at 6 a.m., so that meant getting up before 5:00. I didn't actually sleep much anyway and prepared for a very long day.

Edie was the only one from our group that was taking the same flight. We got to the the airport in plenty of time and I was relieved to find that they allowed my bags through. I was certain I was over the weight limit! We had a good hour before boarding our plane, which left time for breakfast with Edie. Needless to say, we were both too sleepy for much conversation!

The flight back was a lonnnggg flight! I hoped I would sleep, but didn't. There were long lines at Houston International through customs and at Hobby to catch my Southwest flight.

I am home at last after almost 24 hours of being up. It's good to be home---but it's hot here. I wish I could have brought back the English climate!

Back to work tomorrow (groan). The party's over....

No comments: