My London Journal

My London Journal
View from Westminster Abbey

Friday 10 August 2007

July 26-30 Mini-break: Mary and Tom tour London


My husband, Tom, flew over to spend my mini-break with me and we took in all the traditional London sites.


Thursday: pretty much shot due to that insane bus ride, though we did eat at an outdoor cafe that night, where we embarrassed our waiter by noticing his American accent. It turned out he was from Bozeman, MT, where our son lives!













Friday: Westminster Abbey(that's Tom in front of the Abbey), #10 Downing Street and Buckingham Palace.



Saturday: We toured the Tower of London and saw the Crown Jewels.

Sunday: I finally made it to the British Museum!

Monday: We went to British Library (Tom really enjoyed their exhibits) and to Billy Elliot that night.

No comments: