My London Journal

My London Journal
View from Westminster Abbey

Tuesday 17 July 2007

July 9: London Alive #1: The River Runs Through It






My first London Alive event was a tranquil riverboat ride on the Thames River (Libby, Nancy and me in front of the Tower Bridge).





It provided a wonderful view of London and many of its most famous sites. Most memorable was the Tower of London with the view of the Traitor's Gate.


Most striking---the variety of architectural designs seen from the Thames.

We ended our tour in Greenwich, where we were supposed to visit the Royal Observatory, but ran out of time. We were able to have a quick break and then we needed to quickly catch the train back to Waterloo in order to be ready for the the evening reception.

I wish I had thoughts to share about the reception, but unfortunately, my jet lag hit hard on Monday and I was too exhausted to go. I went straight to bed after coming back from our boat ride. Sounds like I missed some good food!

No comments: